If you’re like most homeowners you have multiple items in your home that are operated by remote control: your television, heating and cooling unit, your security system and others. Did you know that you can carry that automation out into the backyard and your swimming pool?
The swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools in Fort Worth, Texas share that remote control automation can be installed into many aspects of your swimming pool. What are some swimming pool items that can be installed and operated with a remote control device? Here are a few:
- You can turn on your swimming pool’s salt water chlorine generator with a remote control. This allows you to add salt water at the touch of a button – even if you’re not at home.
- There are devices that allow you to operate multiple items from one remote application. You can have a device that incorporates all of your swimming pool and hot tub functions from the heater to the pumps, jets and even the pool cover.
- You may want to consider a remote control that is waterproof because there could be times when you’re out of doors and you want to turn the hot tub on or off or turn on the pool pump and you don’t want to get out of the water. With a waterproof remote, you won’t have to!
What can you automate and operate remotely? Here are items to consider whether you’re having a new pool built or remodeling your current one:
- The pool pump
- The pool heater
- Salt water chlorine generator
- Swimming pool lights
- The pool cleaner
- Pool accessories such as the pool waterfall or water jets on your pool slide
If automation sounds like something your family would embrace, talk with your pool contractor and see what makes sense for your lifestyle and your budget!